At Kingerlee Homes, we take pride in building beautiful high-quality homes that are built to last. We believe in providing our customers with room to breathe, considered design and a high level of specification – all with our exacting eye for quality.
Established for over 150 years, it is fair to say that we value tradition... but we also embrace the future and keep pace with modern design and features in our homes.
As a family run business, we possess a unique culture which provides you with a friendly working environment alongside colleagues who are highly motivated and passionate about what they do.
Working for Kingerlee Homes means fully encompassing our values of caring, family, teamwork, dynamism and engagement.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our small but expanding Technical Team as a Technical Coordinator.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful candidate would look to be fully trained and productive in the Technical Coordinator role within 6 months of joining.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates currently working as junior Architectural Technicians/Technologists who wish to progress their career in a technical role within the housing sector.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Assist in the design development & technical coordination from conception through construction to completion of multiple developments.
- Assist in the design coordination of architectural, structural, civils and services packages.
- Manage and coordinate the specification and material selection.
- Produce documentation for statutory approvals.
- Liaise with Local Authorities and Home Warranty Providers as required
- Support the Commercial and Sales Departments by preparing the relevant tender and sales packs.
- Assist the site team on design and technical queries.
- Attend site meetings and perform site inspections as required.
The person we are looking for will possess:
- good communication skills
- strong relationship management skills
- excellent time management skills
- good planning and organising skills
- the ability to work both collaboratively as a team and independently as required.
- a strong eye for design and detail
- logical approach to problem solving
- experience using AutoCAD 2d, MS Office, Bluebeam (beneficial but not necessary)
In return we are offering:
- An excellent salary for the right candidate reflective of your skills, qualifications and experience
- Participation in the performance related profit-sharing scheme
- 33 days holiday per annum inclusive of bank holidays increasing to a maximum of 38 days depending on length of service
- Access to group personal pension with employer’s contribution of 6% of salary
- Access to Private Medical Insurance with no charge for the employee and their partner
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Training provided potentially leading to a professional qualification
- Membership fees covered for appropriate professional body i.e. CIAT
- Cover under the Group Life Assurance scheme
To apply, please send your CV attached to a brief cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Technical Coordinator Vacancy” in the subject.